WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are text files used to perform automatic authentication, session tracking and memorization of specific information regarding users who visit our website. In detail, therefore, they are small text strings which are sent from our website to the user’s web client (usually a browser) and then sent back from the client to our server (without undergoing modifications) every time the user accesses the same portion of the same web domain. A cookie is therefore a small file that requires the user’s permission to be stored on the hard disk of the user’s computer. Once consent has been provided in the manner set out below, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze the user’s web traffic, allowing us to know when the user visits a particular website. In this way the web application can adapt its operations to the user’s needs and/or tastes, collecting and storing information about their preferences.
TYPES OF COOKIES, NATURE AND PURPOSE OF THE DATA COLLECTED
We use the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: these are cookies necessary for the functioning of the Site and the provision of the services offered to the user.
- Cookies so-called “analytics”: which fall into the macro category of technical cookies, are used to statistically analyze accesses and/or visits to the Site and installed exclusively for statistical purposes and/or collect information in aggregate form. The “Google Analytics”, and/or the “WordPress”, and/or the “SmarterStats” (SmarterTools Inc.), and/or the “Aruba” cookie is currently in use on the Site, used for the purposes just described.
- Session cookies: these are technical cookies sent to the user’s terminal and occasionally by third-party sites to track the use of the Site within a particular session. These cookies are generally stored on the user’s browser for the duration of the session. These cookies expire when the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies: these are constant cookies that continue to operate even after the browser is closed. This allows easier and quicker access to the Site.
- Functional cookies: they allow the Site to remember the choices made by the user (username, language, country), thus providing better and personalized functions.
- Performance cookies: they collect and analyze information on the use of the Site by visitors (pages visited, number of accesses, time spent on the site, etc.) to provide the user with a better browsing experience. These cookies do not collect information that allows the user to be identified. All data collected by these cookies is aggregated and, consequently, anonymous and used for the sole purpose of improving the functioning of the Site.
- Partial cookies: these are cookies installed directly on the user’s device in order to make the Site work efficiently and track the behavior patterns of visitors to the Site.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, links to other webpages etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for further information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods you can find here: https://www.simonearrigoni.com/contacts/